Friday, April 23, 2010

Gardening again

I really enjoy being out in my little yard. And I like to take photos of my progress.
I'd forgotten how much I love being outside until I got some dirt to dig in.

I needed to thin my swiss chard. And in the process, I had a bowl of the greens.
The first day, I put them in a salad. They were a little bitter, but nice.
This morning I sauted the rest with olive oil and garlic, and added two scrambled eggs.
Pretty tasty.
I'm thinking of making a quiche when I'm able to pick some more.




My morning glorys are growing. It's hard to believe I planted the seeds about a month ago. They're blooming already. And when I checked this morning, they were about a foot up the trellis














A cardinal has been visiting my bird feeder. The picture isn't the best, I had to take it through the window.
I haven't seen the red wing blackbird in weeks.
I had two young male cardinals visiting for awhile. I started calling them "The Brothers"
But I've been just seeing the one lately. I think cardinals are territorial. So the other, (and the black bird too) might have been run off.




No comments:

Post a Comment