Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Little Bit of Egypt


We had a palm tree by our back door. But it was only inches away from the wall. So we decided that it had to go. I dug it out myself. It took me three days, but don't underestimate the power of my stubborness.
That corner gets a lot of rain too. The roof funnels it right down in. And it can get a few inches of standing water. Thankfully, it drains quickly.
But what do I plant there?




I had seen Egyptian Papyrus about a week before I had dug out the palm.
It doesn't have to be wet all the time. But it does like boggy conditions.
It took a while for it to finally come back to the store. But I was able to get it today.
And I got a few bags of river rock to help keep the moisture in.
I'm really happy with how it looks.
This stuff is the real deal, what ancient Egyptians used to make paper.



My friendly neighborhood toad seems to like it.
















My morning glories are doing really well too















No comments:

Post a Comment